Thursday, November 08, 2007

Things are going well

Mom is enjoying being home. She still has good days and bad days. Yesterday was a really good day. I visited with her last night and had to do a Hard Thing (tm). I had to cut off her hair.

Now anyone who knows my mother knows that she has beautiful, thick, and remarkably brown hair for a 70 year old woman. But it was falling out in clumps and she couldn't take it anymore.

It would have been a lot harder if she hadn't been so wonderful about the whole thing. She has a great attitude and was more relieved to be rid of it than sad to see it go. She loves having no hair. She also looks pretty cute that way - she has a nice shaped head. She has a chemo cap and I plan to knit her a couple myself. Need to hunt down patterns for that today. And some wonderful soft yarn......

2 Comments:

Blogger Froggie said...

So glad to hear your mom is doing well. She's blessed to have you to be with her through this time. ((Hugs)) to you both.

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that things are going well for your mom; I'm sorry that she lost her hair. :(

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home