Friday, August 24, 2007

Nothing to Declare

It's too darn hot here. Nothing much is going on. Working, skating, staying in the air conditioning. Really not much to report.

I have picked up Celestial Dragon and am making slow progress. I get about a 10x10 square done a night, which is pretty good considering my technique. There are 2 kinds of blending filament in this one. So I stitch all the symbols that need clear BF, then stitch over them with a full stitch of only clear BF. Then I stitch all the symbols that need blue BF, then stitch over them with a full stitch of only blue BF. Then stitch all the symbols that don't need any BF. I do this in 10x10 squares to keep from getting confused. He's a very sparkly dragon!

Started seeing a psychologist last week. After 2 visits I think it's going to be a good thing. I need to get some strategy for coping with a bunch of crap - not only from my childhood, but how to cope with my aging parents and being an only child and all.

Mark is well for those readers who know him too :) He's working long and hard right now - they just moved the whole office and warehouse and that was it's very own cluster-f. You have no idea. Really. He's playing Bass and rowing on the machine and working in the shop with his dad.

Daria is doing better. After a second opinion we found that her not eating is not a behavior problem, it's really a health issue. Her body was not retaining the nutrients from the food she ate, it just went right through her. So we have her on I/D canned and dry, and a packet of stuff called "Forti-Flora" that is supposed to help the natural enzymes in her gut process the food better. She has gained a little weight but not a lot. We'll know how it's working in about a month.

Cats are cats. Kismet is very angry that the sunroom is not open for her pleasure at all times. But it's too hot to keep the door open - all those windows and skylights mean that room is very hot and the AC just can't keep up with that (nor can we afford to AC that room!)

Skating news - I can stop now. And do cross overs - learned that last night. Very excited. I get my new costume, a custom corset and skirt, in the next week or so. Semi-finals are Sept 8 and Finals are Sept 22. The new season starts on October 20.

Band news - Shortwave D is playing at Neils on the 21st of September and we're celebrating my birthday that night too. They are playing October 6 at the P&H cafe.

And that's all I know. I guess I'd better get to what they pay me for around here :)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to see you blogging again! I am interested to hear if the psych helps you learn to cope with the aging parents. I'm in the same boat. While I do have a brother, I might as well be an only child as he has turned his back on us all. So, if you learn something helpful or have some good resources to share, I'd love to know. {{{HUGS}}} to you because I know you've got some major stress.

12:12 PM  
Blogger KMcDougan said...

Way to go! Glad to see things getting back on tracka little for you. Take care. I'll be thinking about you at Dragon*Con.

ADN

4:08 PM  
Blogger Lynne said...

I'm glad to hear things are going so much better. 2 days and counting !!!

7:54 AM  
Blogger Karin said...

Glad to see you blogging again! Hope life is going well for you and that you're looking after yourself.

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home