Thursday, November 01, 2007

Update 10:30 on 11/1

Mom has been pretty out of her head for the last two days. Yesterday was really bad, and today appears to be about the same. She knows who she is, where she is, but then says things like "Pete needs to put those dogs up and keep them from running through the house." She's said some other, more disturbing things as well but I'm not repeating them here. Suffice it to say she has been crazy as a betsy bug.

Last night when dad was there around 8:30 she wanted to go to the potty chair. He called the nurses, and after no response he helped her onto the chair. He called the nurses again to get her back to bed. After about 1/2 hour, he pitched a fit. And I don't blame him. Now he sees what I've been dealing with the whole time. Well, apparently they didn't listen. Last night mom tried to get up to go to the bathroom by herself. Her bed alarm went off but nobody responded. Typical. She fell. She's ok they said, but still. When the bed alarm goes off on a patient like her, you run your fanny into the room. Period. I'm really tired of them. I told the nurse today that they either needed to move her down by the nurse's station where they could watch her or get somebody to sit in her room with her but this is unacceptable. We'll see what happens.

This afternoon I may get my boss to call the charge nurse. She has a track record of getting things done and it won't help for them to get the picture - I work for lawyers.

Will she get the port-a-cath put in today? What will the psych evaluation today say? Will she be going home tomorrow? Stay tuned - I'll let you know as I find out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

I hope your boss was able to sort them out!!

{{{hugs}}}

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home