Tuesday, August 30, 2005

OK - lots of pictures

Here are photos of the stash cleanup:

First - my fabric and charts cabinet:


This is where I keep all my charts, filed by designer, with the charts I'm gathering stuff to do in the front.


I have my fabric sorted by 32 ct



and 28 ct



I have my WIPs in a drawer together - these are the ones that I'm not currently doing anything on.



And my drawer of LoRan cards, needle cards, holders for my wips, and misc. tools:

And my drawer of finished pieces that need to be taken care of (I know, I'm awful. They're just tossed in a drawer. That's on my list of things to remedy.



And then there's the drawer of kits - these are smalls that are all together and ready to walk out the door on a trip or whatever:



Next is a drawer of q-snaps:



And finally my drawer of odd fabrics like afghans, aida, etc.



Now on to the flossies - I bought a wonderful old card catalog and have never finished setting it up for use. I have all my beads in the bottom, and the top is for floss.



I finally sorted floss and labeled drawers:

After all this sorting, I got to have some happy dances - I'm not sure if they're considered STRIP dances or not but they were projects that just needed a couple of minutes to finish off and I'd never gotten around to it.

First - an herbal garden sampler in silk that needed the bee charm sewn on (4 seconds)

Next, a birth sampler where dad gave me the wrong date and even tho I put the name where the chart said to I didn't like the placement - the first name seemed too high. So I moved the first name down a couple of stitches and changed the date. 10 minutes.

And then the birth sampler thingie that I worked on for our godchild - needed the date put on it. 2 min.

And last night I put the hardware on Aer but didn't get a picture - it needs a good iron first.

WHEW!! Now I **think** I can start a new project!

5 Comments:

Blogger Mister Hand said...

This is just SCARY organization--makes me want to go home and start sorting DVD's.

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an organisation !!!

9:35 AM  
Blogger Valerie (grvlgal) said...

Oh my ! ! ! I need to wipe the drool off of my chin after seeing how wonderfully organized you have everything. That old card catalog is a real find for storing floss!! And congrats on all your finishes. :)

12:36 PM  
Blogger cathymk said...

Hi Melanie, just caught up on reading since your first post. You've been up to a lot. I just wanted to say I love all the designs on your to do list and it must be hard to pick just one... at least you deserve a start from all that organisation! Don't forget to show us piccies of your progress!

9:03 PM  
Blogger Froggie said...

I love the card catalog! I look forward to reading more of your blog.
(I'm in Cordova, TN).

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home