Thursday, August 25, 2005

I'm going to make my appointment today

My birth control pills have caused a tumor on my liver known as focal nodular hyperplasia (http://www.emedicine.com/radio/topic286.htm). My doctors want me off birth control now. Since my DH and I have discussed having children and decided that we probably will not have any "natural" children, I've decided to have laproscopic tubal ligation. I'm too chicken to go with an IUD and I don't trust most other "barrier" methods of birth control. My insurance covers my tubal, but not DH's vasectomy. So, I'm going to make the appointment today. Recovery is not supposed to be bad, we'll just have to wait and see.

Sigh. This is hard. This is a "forever" decision, and I never like those. I know in my heart if I want kids I can adopt, but it's still hard to close a door and board it up.

3 Comments:

Blogger Valerie (grvlgal) said...

{{{{{{{{big hugs}}}}}}}

There are no easy decisions in a situation like this. Hopefully, in the long run, it'll all work out in ways you never could have seen. I'll definitely be sending good thoughts your way.

10:21 AM  
Blogger WhizGidget said...

{{{{{{hug}}}}} There are no easy decisions when it comes to this - as val said. I wish you the best while you do this...

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am 40 years old and also was recently diagnosed with a FNH and have opted to go the Tubal ligation route. My partner and I do not want children, so I guess it's an easy decision. Was wondering if you have had the TL and if you had any complications related to your FNH?

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home