Friday, February 01, 2008

Mom has gone home to God

Mother passed away at around 11 last night.

I went to see her yesterday morning and she was not breathing well. After my conversation with the doctor on Wednesday afternoon, I had thought things were going well and she would be going home on Friday. The nurses called respiratory and they gave her a breathing treatment and said she had an anxiety attack.They gave her some xanex. Dad called and said he was there and she was resting comfortably.

A few minutes later, the nurse called and said I needed to come. She slipped into a coma and was unresponsive. She fought hard, but her lungs were too damaged and her heart was too weak. She went very quietly in her sleep with her friends and family at her bedside.

No word on arrangements yet.

10 Comments:

Blogger Erin (moviemuse) said...

I'm so very sorry, Melanie. Huge huge hugs.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

our thoughts are with you in this sad time. Many hugs from both of us

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My condolences for you and your family.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Annette said...

My deepest condolences, Melanie. You and your family continue to be in my thoughts. (((hugs)))

11:30 AM  
Blogger Suz said...

**hugs**

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

{{{Melanie}}} - I'm so sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts.

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm very sorry, my condolences for you and your family.
Hugs

4:29 AM  
Blogger Beverly Herman said...

Mel,
I so sorry to hear about your Mom's passing. Know my prayers are with you at this time and always.
((((hugs))))
Bev

2:27 PM  
Blogger Bronzemom said...

I am so very sorry to read this about your Mom.
May G-d Bless and keep you and your family.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Aussie Stitcher said...

Sorry for your loss Melanie, and apologise for the late post. My thoughts are with you and your family {{{{HUGS}}}}

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home