Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Updating

MOM - she is in chemo again this week. I see her getting weaker and more tired, but on the whole she is still doing fairly well. We all know it's just a matter of time, but for the most part it seems like we will have a little more good time left.

KNITTING - still only one sock. Told mom to hang it by the chimney and see if Santa brought her the mate.

ANIMALS - I am sad to say that we lost our companion Daria, aka Black Forest Lady in Red, last Thursday. She was 12 and had a good life, but her sweet heart was giving out and we decided to let her cross the Bridge gently and quietly. The house seems a lot quieter without her.

YULE - Our annual Yule Dinner went very well. We were short one guest due to illness, but everyone seemed to enjoy it. Tons of leftovers. The menu was: Pumpkin Soup, Salad, Ham, Neeps & Leeks, Roasted Asparagus, Spaghetti Squash, Onions and Cheese, fresh baked bread, and everyone brought a dessert. Also my friend Dawn brought a goose.

CHRISTMAS - FedEx is my friend....I hope

DERBY - Empirical data suggests that I cannot fit a roller skate wheel into my posterior. I managed to sprain my ankle, jam my thumb, and I have an interesting bruise...... I was trying to learn to stop. Empirical data also suggests that I did something wrong........

And that's it for today. Work is a bear - what is it with the holiday season and divorce? Don't answer that.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home