Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Dear Person Who Broke Into My Car

You can keep the 75 cents in pennies you found in my console. You can even keep the bag. But for all that is good and holy in this world

PLEASE RETURN MY SOCK AND MY YARN AND MY NEEDLES

See, that one sock you took was almost 6 months of work. And it fit my husband. And I was going to start the second one this week. Plus the needles, well, they go with the set of Knitpicks DPNs that I bought. And the yarn, well, it's kind of irreplaceable seeing as how it was hand painted and I don't remember where I got it.

I know you don't understand these complicated terms, as you are a thief not a knitter. Your grandma could probably explain them, but you'd have to tell her where you got the knitting in the first place and I don't think she'd be proud of you.

I am very sad for you. Because not only do you have the karma on your soul that you stole, you have the karma on your soul that you stole something of absolutely no value for absolutely no reason. That's even worse. If you were starving, I'd have given you something to eat.

Now I'm just sad. And I'm going to have to replace my needles and start a new pair of socks. Perhaps that isn't such a bad thing after all.......

3 Comments:

Blogger Suz said...

I can't believe that happened to you :( . I'm so sorry and I wish I could make your socks and yarn magically appear.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Erin (moviemuse) said...

Oh, no, Melanie! That is just so wrong. Why take something you have no chance of getting money from? Even if the person does knit, what good is *one* sock?!!

7:15 PM  
Blogger Daffycat said...

If I see this person, I'll be sure to poke him in the eye.

{{{hugs}}}

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home