Thursday, March 15, 2007

Catch up post

Having found the digital camera finally, here's some catching up:

First, the Flying Spaghetti Monster wants to touch you with his noodly appendage:I knitted this for a friend of mine. If you don't know about the FSM please check him out.

Next, a stitching finish - Garland Fair by Blackbird Designs:

This is actually a birth sampler for a friend's baby. Her name is Anjali. I will put the name and date on the bottom, just haven't gotten it done yet.

And a woodworking finish - my lovely husband and his dad have been working very hard on this one - it was my Valentines day gift, but due to the cold they couldn't stain it until recently (stain won't dry under 40 degrees):
Now, a bit of explanation. First, the top holds the famous dictionary. Yes, famous, as in the one that was on the Antiques Roadshow with me. The largest book ever seen at the Roadshow! It has plexiglass to protect the dictionary's cover from the cats, who like it very much as a place to sit. And next to it on the top is the notebook and cancelled checks showing where my great-grandfather paid for the encyclopedias and also other things like "traded mule for 3 bales of cotton and $200". Bits of history there. The bottom case holds the encyclopedias, from 1911, in their original wooden case. At the very bottom are 3 very old childrens books and an old school speller. The cases are made from red oak, and the glass is plexiglass.

K - that's all for now. Ta!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful bookcase. I'm sure it will be treasured forever.

I love the birth sampler - it's lovely.

8:08 AM  
Blogger Suz said...

I love that sampler too! Gorgeous!

And that bookcase is fantastic. It's so pretty I have half a mind just to send you my ancient books.

4:20 PM  
Blogger Suz said...

I forgot! ARG! and R-Amen!

Great job on the FSM :)

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home