Monday, June 19, 2006

Beading HD

This is Bev Herman's Queen of the Sea pattern (www.noeasybeads.com). The focal bead is from Humblebeads (http://www.humblebeads.com/) using her six hole bead.

Now, I made the necklace with the spiral on the end as the pattern shows. But it just wouldn't lay right on me. So....I whacked off the spiral and added more of the black agate beads to make it a choker. Oh, did I mention I decided to make this modification about 5 minutes before we were leaving the house to go somewhere...... I wanted to wear my new necklace and I wanted it short NOW.



I used a mix of flowers, leaves, gray pearls, and tipped each of the fringes with a silvery crystal bead.

4 Comments:

Blogger Singular Stitches said...

The necklace is absolutely stunning! Wow.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Erin (moviemuse) said...

Melanie, it is incredible! Well done!

3:01 PM  
Blogger Suz said...

Absolutely fabulous! I must get that pattern. I believe I need bright happy tropical colors! DH is going to call you a bad influence now ;)

9:40 AM  
Blogger Sasha Farina said...

gorgeous!!! simply gorgeous!

3:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home