Monday, September 15, 2008

Catching up on a lot of things:

First, a picture from the Colonial Dames of the 17th Century where I gave a presentation on Schoolgirl Samplers:

Sampler presentation

And a photo of me with my "other mother" Elizabeth at the meeting:

Mel and Elizabeth - Colonial Dames

Now, on to my recent trip to Nashville.

Dana met me at Cracker Barrel where we had brunch before shopping:

Dana - sock-walkabout

I bought a lot of pretty yarn:

Mulch Yarn

Cranberry Yarn

Seaweed Yarn

Blue Yarn

Tartan Yarn

And then Dana learned to knit. She's very good and will be out knitting me soon!

On Saturday I attended a district DAR meeting. I helped with Junior Sales. And my sock went on walkabout some more:

Sock-Walkabout

DAR Regional

And then Dana and I met up for more food, laughter, and knitting. I cannot wait to get together with her again! Unfortunately, I did not photograph her with her wonderful husband. Nor did I get pictures of us in our jammies at our knitting slumber party on Saturday night. I know you're disappointed - sorry ;)

3 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Sounds like you had a great time in Nashville. I loved living there and miss it terribly! Then again, I used to spend waaaay too much money on yarn at Angel Hair Yarn Co. when I lived there. LOL

4:25 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

Just found your blog and immediately bookmarked it! REALLY interesting!

10:31 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Glad you had such a great time.

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home